#Google Analytic Tracker

Pages

Jan 24, 2007

ASP .NET IIS Configuration Error

Ahhhh.... took me so long to fix this error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Source Error:
Line 10:   
Line 11:   
Line 12:   
Line 13:    
Line 14:   

...
..
.

Well, it turns out that I was accessing
http://localhost:9007/DickyWebsite/Default.aspx
while the actual path is
http://localhost:9007/Dicky%20Website/Default.aspx

YES, it is this extra space that I added when I set up the Virtual Directory.

I am still new to IIS and web.config file. Hopefully I won't encounter anything like that again... of course I will, we are doing programming!

No comments: