#Google Analytic Tracker

Pages

Nov 27, 2012

Error RC1015: cannot open include file ‘afxresh.h’ VS2012

Recently I am trying to upgrade all our projects to .NET 4.5. There is one project in our solution that is written in C++. I am personally not familiar with it, but anyways, it should be trivial I thought.

First thing I notice that after I open the solution, the C++ project has a bracket indication saying this is a “Visual Studio 2010” project. When I try to compile it, it said I need to install VS 2010. Sounds confusing. But, if you open the project’s properties->Configuration Properties->General, look for something call Platform Toolset, you can change it to Visual Studio 2012, this solved the first problem.

image

When I tried to compile the solution, I got an RC1015 error. Good thing there is a error number I can look up. Here are the 2 solutions I found:

Solution 1

afxres.h is only used for MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class). If your project doesn’t use any UI control from MFC, you should able to replace it with windows.h

Solution 2

Apparently when I install VS2012, I didn’t install the the Microsoft Platform for C++. My guess is that in VS2010, it is installed by default, but in VS2012, this is no longer the case.

image

References:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3566018/cannot-open-include-file-afxres-h-in-vc2010-express

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/thread/d3480ee3-d880-4431-9264-b110a69c8a07/?prof=required

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, it helped